Sunday, October 30, 2011

Do you eat the seeds?

Wow, it's been a while since I've had time to sit down and write!
Remeber when I mentioned how much I love FALL?

I think I forgot to mention, that our fall also includes:

-My daughter's birthday
-My son's birthday
-My wedding anniversary
-Halloween
-My birthday

Oh, and all of that in less than a 4 week time span!  Say WHAT!?  To say we are busy this time of year is a bit understated.

Anyway, more on all of the fun we've been having with birthdays and anniversaries and such later. 
We finally carved our pumpkin tonight, which always prompts the discussion of the pumpkin seeds.



It was tradition in my family to scoop out the seeds, clean them and roast 'em up for eating.
My husband and his family NEVER roast the pumpkin seeds! 

We were with my in-laws last night and they carved their pumpkin....so naturally, I asked them for their seeds that they were just going to *gasp* throw in the garbage!
I brought them home, cleaned them up and put them in the fridge so I could add them to our seeds tonight.

I keep my pumpkin seeds pretty basic.  I add a little bit of butter and salt (ok, maybe lots  of salt...I have a bit of an unhealthy addiction).  Put them on a baking sheet and roast at 350 degrees for 10-20 minutes, turning once.
So easy, so yummy!




Do you roast the pumpkin seeds you save from your jack-o-lantern?

No comments: