Friday, April 6, 2012

Beans, beans, beans

Since I've already introduced you to my best friend, I thought I'd share an even easier recipe with you.
Seriously, easiest dinner you'll ever make.

Ready?
It's oh so cleverly called: Sausage and Green Beans.
And it's one of my kids favorite meals.

Ingredients:

Smoked Sausage
Frozen Cut Green Beans
Seasoning of your choice (optional)


I wasn't kidding when I said it was easy.


I usually add 3 bags of frozen green beans to the crockpot and add some water so that they don't stick to the pot.  I add some garlic and dehydrated onion (because I usually don't have fresh onion on hand) and sometimes some black pepper. 

I add the smoked sausage on top but don't cut it.  The reason I don't cut it, is because just like most of my crockpot meals, it probably cooks too long and that helps it from getting too dried out.
I love the green beans to be on the mushy side for this meal, and so do the kids, so actually it works out well that this cooks for about 9 hours because that helps them get nice and cooked!  Make sure to use a slotted spoon to drain out the water when you serve it up!

Sometimes I do add some sort of potato to this to try and round out the meal, or I'll add a side of garlic bread.  Many nights it can be a struggle to get my daughter to eat her veggies.  Not so with this meal.  Maybe it's because it's pretty much the base of the meal, as opposed to a side item.  I'm not sure why, but I just roll with it. 
Most nights, she asks for seconds!

{please excuse his ridiculous, long over due hair cut in this picture!  I promise it has since been cut!}


I'm all about easy meals that everyone in the family loves.  I grew up on this meal, and it's still a winner in my house!

No comments: