Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hippity-Hoppity Easter's On It's Way

Wow, it's been a while since I've blogged. I know you've missed me (all one  of you that is probably reading my random ramblings!)

Anyway, with Easter right around the corner, I thought I would share my Easter basket ideas.  Hopefully this post will be a little bit more timely than the super bowl post.

While I do give the kids candy in their Easter baskets, I really try to limit the amount that they get. The grandparents' also know my thoughts on the excess candy situation, and for the most part they stick to my wishes. (In the interest of full disclosure, grandparents still like to do whatever they want).  

I'm really not a prude and refuse to give my kids candy or sweets or anything like that (trust me, they get more than their fair share). But let's be real here; no 3 year old and 1 year old need THAT MUCH candy. Plus, mommy is much more likely to eat it if it's around, so it's best for all parties involved if we limit the intake. (Luckily, I'm only on bag THREE of the jellybeans so far).


Both of my kids birthdays are in the fall, so I kind of use Easter as an excuse to give "gifts" that I would probably be buying anyway since there is no birthday or Christmas in the coming months.

So, what are my kids getting this year?!

I'm glad you're so curious!


For my three year old daughter:

*Nail Polish (this has yet to be purchased, it will most likely be purple since that is her favorite color!)
*Sidewalk Chalk
*A new spring outfit (picture the dress with cute white legging capris....that I'm sure won't stay white for very long!)



{source: Carters.com}



*2 new books, with two of her favorite current obsessions (Curious George and Super Why!)


{source: Amazon.com}

{source: Amazon.com}
 
 
For my 18 month old son:

*New spring PJ's (have you caught on to the subtle baseball theme?!)


Jumping Beans Baseball Raglan Pajama Set - Baby
{source: Kohls.com}
*Rain Coat

i play. Firetruck Fold-Up Waterproof Raincoat - Toddler
{source: Kohls.com}

*Of course, a book.  This is one of my favorites from when I was a kid, but I bought the board book version for smaller hands:

{source: Amazon.com}


*Bubbles, bubble, and more bubbles.  This isn't the exact same bubble set that we purchased, but it's most similar. Basically, it's a tumbler and it's awesome because IT DOESN'T SPILL.  Amazing.  We already had two of them, but we've lost the wand on one and the kids fight over them all.the.time.  So, more bubbles it is!
{source: Amazon.com}


*I will also probably add a ball or something else to play with outside



Other popular items that may or may not make it into the baskets this year (I haven't actually put together the baskets, so we'll see how everything fits):

-Crayons
-Coloring book
-Stamps
-Stickers



In addition to this fun stuff, they will of course get candy.  I like to fill plastic eggs with jellybeans.  Not only does this limit the amount of jellybeans they get, they think it's fun to open the eggs and have surprises inside! 
I'm sure there will also be some peanut butter eggs because they are my favorite my daughter's favorite.  I'll throw in one box of peeps for good measure because what is Easter without peeps!?!

I will also be attempting to be cute and crafty by making a "carrot" out of cheddar crackers.  I bought the Target brand because they are little chicks instead of fish which is clearly more Eastery (is that even a word?!).  I'll post pictures after I actually make them!


If you have any suggestions for items you like to fill your Easter baskets with, share them in the comments!  I would love to hear them!

No comments: