Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Non-Edible Cupcakes


If you're like me, you like to add a personal/creative touch to the gifts that you give.
I always try to buy off of a bride or mom-to-be's gift registry, (because I know that's what they want!) but I always try to do something a little "extra" to make the gift more special.

I just seems a little more personal than "Here - I know you already like this gift because you picked it out yourself!".


So, when I had a baby shower to go to for one of my dearest friends, I first took a quick look at her baby registry. Once I saw the registry, I knew JUST what I wanted to create, from a gift that she had already picked out herself!

She registered for these cute girly burp cloths:

{source: target.com}




I was able to turn this cute little pack of burp cloths, into an even cuter little batch of cupcakes!!



 
To be honest, I didn't time myself to see how long it took to package these up, but it was no time at all....maybe 15-20 minutes. Tops.  And that includes my amazing photography.

After I rolled the "cupcakes" and placed them in the jumbo cupcake liners, I clipped some little hair bows that I picked up at the store to toothpicks and inserted them as "cupcake toppers". I think that was my favorite part. Now we're just hoping this baby has some hair so she'll be able to use them :)

And isn't the presentation so much cuter than just picking it from the rack at the store and stuffing it into a bag?




I did tie the box with some multicolored grosgrain ribbon (in coordinating colors, of course), but forgot to take a picture of it. I added it to my gift bag, with a few other things for the mom-to-be.

I think they turned out super cute!

You can try this idea with numerous items that a mom-to-be might have on her registry, including washcloths, onesies, or even socks!
 
And of course, it goes along with the theme of my new hobby/business...don't you agree?!
 
 

No comments: