Friday, August 12, 2011

The Balanced Equation of Life

While I'm a little removed from the engineering trade, I'm still an engineer at heart.  I like to figure out how to make all of the puzzle pieces fit together.  And it's even better if calculations are involved (I love numbers). I mean, who doesn't love balancing equations?!

Do you ever feel like LIFE is just one big equation that you are trying to balance? Only, each day, a new piece of information gets added to make the equation that much more difficult. Add kids to the mix, and it's an infinite number of unknown variables. Just when you think you have it figured out, something else gets thrown at you and you start all over again.

That's where I am. Just when I start to feel like I have life under control, something changes, and it's all off balance again. Funny thing though; even though life might seem  like a perfect balancing equation...everyone will come up with a different answer. And no two equations are written exactly the same, even if they appear that way on the surface.

Because everyone is different. What works for me, and keeps me balanced and sane, doesn't work for my friends, my neighbors, even my siblings. Only, I still don't know exactly what I need to stay balanced. Each day is a learning process and brings more clarity to the equation (or sometimes more confusion).

To help gain more clarity on this crazy balancing act, I decided I needed a place to centralize my thoughts. So, here I am!

In the process of my sharing of general thoughts and ideas, I hope that I can help you see things from a new perspective and help you gain better balance, too.
I'm hoping that we can learn--together.

No comments: