Wednesday, August 31, 2011

They Say It's Your Birthday.....

Today is a special day.... it's my husband's 30th birthday!

I wanted to take a picture of the kids together so I could make a birthday card for my hubby.  In my mind I had this ideal image of my kids sitting calmly (but of course super cutely) next to each other while each holding one end of a sign that read "Happy Birthday Daddy!"

A girl can dream, right?


A sampling of our mini photo shoot:



I promise she's not choking him

Really?


aww, look at those cute little baby feet!
Notice that I didn't even attempt the cute little sign idea.  I couldn't even get them to sit still long enough to take a halfway decent picture.
What you can't see is that everytime I sat them next to each other, they would both start laughing instantly.  It's like they were plotting against me!



Finally, after what I think was picture 536472 of the photo shoot, I got this:

Happy Birthday Daddy!

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my husband, my best friend, and the most amazing father to our kids.
I couldn't even dream of walking this journey without you.  YOU keep me balanced in this crazy, wonderful life...even on the days I might suggest otherwise ;)

Here's hoping the next year brings you even more joy than the 30 before it.



2 comments:

Amy - Counting My Kisses said...

Hilarious! This looks JUST like photo shoots in my house. :) Love the blog, it looks great! :)

Michelle said...

Thanks, Amy!