Thursday, September 15, 2011

Church Festival Weekend!

Wow. What a busy weekend we had. I think I'm still recovering.  And Yes, I realize it is already Thurday and the next weekend is getting ready to start.
But I still wanted to share our past weekend with you all!

My in-laws run the Hamburger/Sausage/Chicken booth at their church festival every year. That in turn means they need workers, and lots of them.
And THAT  means they start by recruiting family.

We have worked the church festival weekend, I think ever since I met my husband 8 years ago. I've skipped out on my duties the past 2 years since I had kiddos to watch (I even worked while I was 8+ months preggo with my daughter, but had frequent sitting breaks!)   But this year, I was back in the game. My husband and I worked Friday night while my parents watched the kids. Don't get me wrong, working the food booth is actually somewhat fun, as we get free beer and get to work it with friends!


Church festivals also mean festival rides.
Having an almost 3 year old means she wants to ride LOTS of rides. She doesn't quite get that they are expensive!
So she rode 2 rides on Friday night and promised her we'd come back. Which of course we did.



Sunday offerred an 4 hour, unlimited ride pass at a discounted rate. I thought she might ride just enough times to get our money's worth (she would have needed to ride at least 7 times)...boy did she ever!
I think the giant slide alone she rode 12 times!
 
 

 She also rode the "cars"  quite a few times:



And the other cars, where she got to "drive the wheel"



And don't forget the TeaCups!




Her little brother isn't quite big enough for any rides...so he just had to watch big sister have all of the fun:



The unlimited ride pass was definitely money well spent!

Church festival weekend is always a busy weekend spent with friends and family.  We all had a great time and can't wait for next year when we  can do it all again!




No comments: