Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Manic Monday

Yesterday was full of surprises, and not all of them fun.
I'm chalking it up to it just being a Monday, and hoping (praying?!) the week can only get better from here!

The morning started off with a bang (or a leak) when I was washing my hands in the bathroom and noticed something looked funny in the mirror.
No, it wasn't just the scary sight of my own reflection first thing in the morning.

There was a water leak that had run down the wall and was bubbling, behind the paint. 

Awesome.

Only, this is the bathroom on the second floor, and above it is the attic.  Even more awesome because that meant there was most likely a leak in the roof (it had been storming for a few hours).
Baby was up and crying; my husband was working out in the basement.  So, the leak would have to wait.
Eventually my wonderful husband was able to climb into the attic and look for a leak, but couldn't find one.  The strange thing was that the ceiling wasn’t wet, just running down the wall.  By this time we were both already running late for work. 

Then it took me 40 minutes  to get to work (normal commute time is only about 20 minutes). 
Unbelievable!
Monday was not off to a good start.


Later in the morning, I received an email from the babysitter than one of the baby's bottles had a crack in it and half of the bottle had leaked into her fridge. 

More awesomness.

I remembered that I had dropped the bottle bag on the way in to her house that morning, so it must have been at just the right angle to cause the bottle to crack. 


Lunch time rolled around, and I realized I had forgotten my workout bag at home (I normally work out on my lunch break).  Manic Monday---> you win again!


Finally, as I was leaving work on Monday, I kept thinking I was forgetting something; but I couldn’t think of what it might have been....that is until I got home. 

I had left my little cooler of pumped breast milk sitting on the counter of the nursing room at work. 

Really!? 

Breast milk is like liquid gold, especially when my freezer stash is dwindling to almost zero.  I knew if I left it at work I’d have to pitch it the next day because it would have sat out too long. 
Since the hubby needed to get back up in the attic to look for that leak, that meant the kids got to take a trip to mommy’s work.

What a day! 

At least I got to finish off the night with a bowl of ice cream and a new episode of HIMYM (How I Met Your Mother – for those that aren’t in the know!)  At least the evening ended on a good note!


Do you have any Manic Monday stories to share from yesterday?

Here’s hoping your week is off to a better start than mine!




(note, that is the second bottle to crack this month!) 

No comments: